- Hivos, co-founder of Triodos Sustainable Trade Fund, reached out to more than 90,000 small-scale farmers, who cultivated more than 167,000 hectares of land in a sustainable way.
- Hivos participates in the SME Impact Fund in Tanzania, which disburses loans to small and medium-sized enterprises in agricultural value chains that would otherwise be either too small or too big to fund.
- The Triodos Sustainable Trade Fund (TSTF), which provides trade finance to producers’ organisations, reached a total loan amount disbursed of 26 million Euro in 2013.
- Hivos has started exploring options for impact investment within the creative sector and media.
- 58 rural SMEs/POs financed (via TSTF, HTF, EcoEnterprises II Fund, FAST)
Current and past organisations in the HTF portfolio dedicated to financing sustainability improvements:
• Aldea Global
• Eco Enterprise 2 Fund
Other local financial institutions receiving support from Hivos:
• SME Impact Fund
• ProCIF India
• ZADT Zimbabwe
• Zimbabwe Microfinance Wholesale Facility (ZMWF)